06-27-2018, 08:11 PM   #26
1M4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4 Alp/Sakhir CF Roof 19"

He also could have been a few thousand below an M and upsold himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I saw an M4 pull in behind me at the doctors the other day. I parked further away than he did, so walked back and said hi as he was walking away from his car. It went like this:

Me: "How do you like your M?"
Him: "What? Oh - is that the car? I wanted a 440 but they didn't have one in white".
Me: "Well, you have a better car now!"
Him: "The ride isn't a smooth as my old 335i - is that because it's an M?"
Me: "Look at the time - I have to go. Nice talking to you"

Just a wiener with too much money who doesn't even know what he's DRIVING let alone what an M in.
Some of the loaded 335’s can get up there in msrp.Maybe he was sold on the looks of M4 and didn’t even drive it.I know a lot of customers that order cars or even just buy them off the lot without driving them.Being that he was a happy bmw customer he might have just assumed that it was a higher powered and more aggressive styled version of what he had.

In some areas believe it or not they don’t have car enthusiasts selling at their dealerships .Its just average people in the sales business that really don’t even like cars.I have talked to a lot of the people who work in the dealerships and it’s hard to find a real car guy there.

Usually the person buying the M car knows every detail of the car and ends up educating the salesperson on the specs.
Appreciate 1