United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Disagree all you want - I don't particularly care. Bottom line is that these bloated departments are vast wastelands of inefficiency and have no basis in constitutional doctrine. Go ahead - show me specifically where the constitution grants the Federal Government the right to dictate how a family in rural Kansas gets to educate their child. I'll wait.

The constitution doesn't really care 'what the population really wants' - if they really wanted it - they would have amended the constitution.

This country doesn't get to be something because you feel it should be. It is what it is because the founding fathers determined it to be as such. We have a document that can be amended should the will of the people deem it need to be changed. You don't get to just randomly do stuff because it feels good.

I agree, there is definitely bloat and inefficiency that needs to be sorted out. Of course there is no constitutional doctrine for these departments, because how would the founders have anticipated the exact needs of the country and government in the future? In addition to creating amendments, my understanding is that Congress was granted legislative powers to delegate authority, which is how said departments came to be. Is that not how our modern government functions? That said, I don't see how these departments and agencies are unconstitutional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
The fact that we let the government do this time and time again will be our ultimate demise. I mean this with respect to increasing the size and scope of government, to warrant-less wiretaps and seizures without due process to invasion of countries without express permission from congress. Both sides of the isle are terrible at this.

I don't disagree with you there.