Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
^ what he said. Once you get down to 500 miles or so the interval will change more often but before that it only moves in 1k mile increments. Also, its not mile for mile for 10k miles meaning it will take into account driving habits, fuel consumption, trip duration, etc. So if you drive 2k miles cursing down hill with the wind at your back and light throttle the interval may not change at all and still say 10k miles until next service. But if you go straight to the race track and put 500 miles of hard driving on the car it may tick down to 9k miles even though you have driven less than 1k miles since your last service.

You can read more about condition based service in your owners manual.
I feel like it doesn't really account for driving habits. I drive in stop and go all the time and it still reads X miles until next service. The X miles drop as I drive more miles, and it doesn't instantly drop further due to the stop and go and gas mashing I do.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1