07-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #4
Cars are the new horse
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev... View Post
Yea I know, I had the bavsound upgrade to the hk in my f15 on the stock hk amp.it a total difference once you hit the break in period, i was just curious about the bimmer tech alpha one.
It’s a relatively new product. I did a lot of searches and found more info on the F32 forum than this one. That said, no one has done a direct comparison in the same vehicle model (one guy compared Alpha One in his F32 to Bavsound in an older car but I didn’t consider that a fair comparison).

The bottom line is that they’re both “direct to consumer” models at about the same price point and thus are probably similar in quality. They both use non-paper materials, except that Alpha One uses paper on their underseat woofers whereas Bavsound does not. Bimmertech has posted in these threads saying that they went with the paper because it sounded better in the test models, which may be true.

One other factor is that Bavsound allegedly has the upgrade amp coming out in 6 months. I’m not sure whether or not Bimmertech does. The Bavsound amp will have DSP settings for stock speakers and Bavsound speakers. That may be reason to pick Bavsound if the amp is something that you will go for, but keep in mind that it could end up being vaporware.

I do not work for either company or have inside information. The information above may be incorrect — I’m simply relying on what others have said.
Appreciate 0