View Single Post
      03-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #92
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Nice! Is this the wife's ride? We are considering a 5 series for my wife's next car instead of an SUV. I HATE them

We need a baby, Ski, AWD car. This checks all those boxes and will be fun to drive.

Please post your impressions as I am interested in your take on the 5er
We are lucky to have the truck so we tend to use that for ski trips etc. I’m 100% with you and can’t stand most SUVs. I could’ve possibly been talked into a Macan Turbo S or Stelio QV (something along those lines).

We got the multi contour seats in the upgraded Nappa leather and they are extremely comfortable. It rivals Lexus seats now which I thought were and still are the best out there IMO. The MSport steering wheel is perfect and my favorite. I never drove an older 5 (except for a F10 M5 at M school/not a fair comparison) so I can’t compare it to that. But the few times I’ve driven this I have no complaints for what it is. It handles very well for as big and heavy as it is. Of course with AWD and that heft it pushes in the corners when driven hard. We also don’t have DHP so there is a bit more body roll. Again though really not bad for just the standard MSport suspension. It hauls ass and I’m sure my wife would crush me in a race off the line etc. Way better than any SUV we drove including the Macan IMO. Unless of course you have the cash for one of those Lambo atrocities.

As for skiing and baby. The M550 has the pass through for skis and the trunk is massive. I still think I’d get a roof rack for skis. Getting a car seat and the baby out of the back would be no problem. But, I will admit it would be easier/more comfortable to do so in a taller SUV. Also it would be easier to get a stroller etc out of the hatch of an SUV. But certainly not that bad in the new 5s. We have a 8 year old that is in a booster and we can have two adults with her back there relatively comfortable for dinner outings etc. We wanted a comfy luxo cruiser with some spice at a relatively decent monthly payment. Ours has Park Assist, Executive and Premium 2, which came to 80,970. I would’ve liked the upgraded stereo, but for $3600 it didn’t seem worth it. The HK is better in this than my 18 M3. After about 8% off plus $4500 in rebates the payment is $822 for a 3/10 lease. That is with 5k down and 5600 in max MSDs. The payment was $799, but they gave us wheel and tire for $726 and we rolled that into the payment. Hence the $822.

Hopefully not TLDR, but let me know if I can answer anything else.

Edit: If you get one make sure it comes with the Park Assist as that includes the new 360 camera setup and it is amazing!
Appreciate 1