View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #246
cheveux
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_M3 View Post
Really? That's a good data point. Robert Mitchell didn't mention it in a recent video on Misha's channel.

Here's what he said:

A viewer commented:
After watching the video, I still have a question, I don't know if it will get answered. I know this S55 engines have the crank hub issue, and when I watch Misha's videos and see the M3 and M4 I always wonder how this cars can keep up with all the laps without having a failure on the crank hub. Most of the M3s and M4s are usually used in the street with some track use along their life, but not always in track. I know that the crank hub issue normally happens to cars that are tuned, but also on stock cars. Any info about this?

Robert Mitchell
I can say that w all of our S55 cars we have had no hub issue... so its sort of a mystery to me that everyone is doin this ''fix'' and we've not seen the other end of what needs to be fixed lol
In the end of 2019 i asked misha if his m3 and m4 were tuned or had some crank hub fix. he said they were stock but that the mechanic could help me with the other information. the mechanic is @that_nurburgring_guy on Instagram. He told me that he installs the burkhart kit to have peace of mind. It only happened twice in his workshop.

Appreciate 0