///Mvy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15M3 + 08GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mvy View Post
I am tuned, though. I'm not too stressed about spinning but it seems there is something to do with drive settings as manual cars have a much lower prevalence of SCH. Maybe I'm thinking of it all wrong but in my mind the situation that would cause the hub to want to spin is from quickly changing RPMs. The harmonic balancer/pulley wants to breakaway(spin) from the crank due to a sudden change in engine speed. The inertia of the pulley/balancer/valve-train makes matters worse.

Perhaps tuned cars are able to spin up RPMs/shifts faster and that's what causes more incidences. Idk, I'm just spitballing. If it's a fact that DTC has a higher prevalence of SCH, then I would think shift harshness matters.
Not to turn this into a SCH thread, but you could throw on a CBC and lock the crank bolt and pulley down. Easy enough to DIY with a little elbow grease
Thanks for the suggestion but I already did. Install wasn't bad. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. I'm not going to let it spoil an otherwise excellent car
Appreciate 2
RugbyBro7601.50
F80RN898.50