View Single Post
      11-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #22
mm767cap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyX5M View Post
On a similar page with you there. I still get my kicks from sprinted driving, I just live in an area where 98% of my driving is highway and inner city traffic. So comfort wins.

You are correct that the ‘18s will receive a revamp on the tech along with a slight facelift similar to the velar. I just tend to buy quality preowned to avoid the initial hit.

Thanks for the heads up on the service department. Scary to believe there’s anything worse than the BMW service departments in the area here. Would be nice to find one with a maintenance plan to get it all covered up front.

Forgot to add, another reason I'm drawn back towards the M3 is fuel economy. I would be awfully giddy to get out of the mid to sub teen millage.
Ahhhhh got ya on the pre-owned. Makes sense. I almost changed my Velar order to the RRS once I found out about the new tech in the 2018’s, but it sounds like there is a complete redesign coming in a couple of years. Maybe an M3 for you until a couple of years into the new body style RRS would be a good tragectory.

Yeah a buddy with an LR4 went to the dealership for his 10,000 oil change. The bill? $700+. When he asked what they did for his $700 they said they “checked everything... windshield wipers, for example”. Land Rover NA has a policy where if you live within 50 miles of a stealership and want to buy a car from somewhere else they will not offer the holdback to the out of town dealership. It’s to the point where some dealerships literally won’t sell you a car if you happen to live close by to a LR dealer. Utter and complete crap designed to inflate their prices.... which don’t need any inflating beyond their enormous bloat.
Appreciate 0