View Single Post
      06-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #11
jim996
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Took the car up to the Scottish Borders this evening. Good run of about 90 miles or so. Really enjoyed the kit and had the opportunity to play with some of the settings.

The kit comes set exactly in the middle of all of the adjusters so there is plenty of scope for making changes to suit. I wanted a little more feel and directness from the front wheels and felt they would benefit from slightly slower rebound. Added 2 clicks of rebound damping and tested some more, added a click of low speed compression as well.

I could easily feel the effects of 2 clicks on the dampers, the result was a "pointier' front end of the car that I can place very accurately with bags of feedback as the car comes to the apex of the curve.

I tried adding a couple of clicks to the rear rebound but it made the rear slightly too harsh for me so put it back to the baseline settings.

The car is very good, I'm really only making very slight changes to personalise the car to me. It is fast and stable up to very high speeds. (clearly no speed limits were broken).

To answer the question about noise. The rear mountings are metal to metal on the R3 kit as its designed for racing. This causes some occasional chatter sounds at lower speeds, (up to 25 ish) and I also noticed some higher speed chatter from the rear under very hard braking. It's not an issue for me at all. Nitron will supply the R1 road biased kit that works with the OE rubber mounts if anyone wants to go that way.
Appreciate 0