View Single Post
      08-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #39
flightz71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
funny i totally disagree with your views on the e9x m3. Although i love the E46, and can agree with you on how much of a great car it is.

I think the E46 m3 and e92 m3 engines share the same goal. both small engines that are N/A high revving. thats more of a M engine to me. So i wouldn't say its right back to roots.

but I love the e92 M3 looks. To me its got a mean looking face and aggressive body. i think the hood bulge adds something cool to it also. I love seeing that thing while driving. love it or hate it i guess.

although the e46 m3 is also a good looking car! i would never say one is not good looking.
Yes the only thing purists gave up is the high rev NA motor imo. Personally I was sick of reving 4k just to get around town normally via non existence torque and not get passed up by camry's . I could only really stretch the car out at the track, which was 0.001% of my ownership time. Supra killed it on the highway in fun factor and literal factor. Touge / mountain was too dangerous and narrow to really push it.

I don't know about the rest of the country but in NorCal I know plenty of owners that dumped stupid money into their e46 when the e92 was a huge let down for them. e46 is flat out more handsome, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Appreciate 0