10-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #99
991brothers
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
It's still a love story, but days like this just prove I should not be let alone with my boy toy.

Everyone fucks up something, I just usually am the only one to share them, so let's do this again as an instructional story.

After the first service, they almost blew up my tires, and instead of checking for myself, I just complained about them being shitty. I learned my lesson, and I've kept track on those. Since I'm hitting CAnada tomorrow morning, and I had new rears waiting at the tire shop, I went in to get them today. The man there had the patience of a saint, and I have to say if he ever finds this forum, I'll be back. And I'm sorry.

Okay. Back to the story.

Every fucking tire related warning light came on 3 minutes after I drove off from there. I went into a gas station, got the air thingy (yes, it's the correct technical term) out, got the readings, I was happy with them. I did this three times, and I decided that since I've learned a long time ago, that Germans never make a mistake, the air thingy was faulty. next gas station.

Same thing. All pressures okay in my mind, and nothing was wrong. I went through the manufacturers web pages, and I was right about the pressures. Next guess was that the guy broke a sensor. I was at that point boiling mad, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out when he would've done it, since I was there all the bloody time.

Okay, there I am, thinking maybe this is not a disaster, and making a note never to tell this here so no one can laugh at me, I was thinking to myself there was something about new tires I didn't remember, and since till I decided the sensor was broken, I had driven slower than a grandma on a bingo night, I wanted to step on it again. lights, and Lups was off. Till she remembered that new rears, wet asphalt, TC off, we are never ever going to move.

Okay, I got my foot off the gas, cussed for being an idiot and forgetting these are not to be A, burned, B, so new I probably had half of the stickers glue in the wheel. I drove back to the house.

The tire pressure warning light was so sure something was wrong, and because I'm dyslexic I end up doubting myself so I pulled into an other gas station again, triple check before the road. After making sure the Germans had fucked up, I read the bloody thing it told me to do loud and clear, probably turned into a color that would match the SO, swore to myself never to type this story to you, and drove off till it had actually done the measuring thing.

To answer your question, I love him to bits, but why the fuck every damn blond moment I've had in the last 3 months has included that bloody car?

Anyway, if any locals read this, let's just not talk about this. This and the other moments.

YES, I DID NOT LET THE CAR MEASURE THE PRESSURES! THERE, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW @WAH?

All I got from that is you still love the car lol
2022 BMW M5 Competition - 2016 GT3 RS UltraViolet -2018 GT3 Chalk - 2016 GT3 Lava - 2015 GT3 Guards Red - 2018 Audi RS7 - 2016 F80 M3 - 2015 GT3 Black - 2015 GT3 Carrara White - 2016 991.1 GTS - 2012 997.2 GTS Cabriolet - 2011 E92 M3 - 2006 E46 M3
Appreciate 0