View Single Post
      02-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #25
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

It looks to me this worksheet is going off the rails a bit. I'd suggest removing any vendor provided marketing information and focusing on the technical aspects of the various units. And to really do that you need someone with a technical mind to edit and verify the worksheet. Certain elements of the sheet don't make technical sense as is.

Just a couple notes off the top of my head:

1) If you're going to post dyno information then that would need to be measured using standardized 3rd party dynojet results. Like, dynos done at EAS whch is a 3rd party dynojet.

2) Throttle control isn't a technical connection or plug. The JB4 can do unique things with the throttle other non-CANbus tunes can't but that is beyond the scope of my post. It should be removed from the sheet I think.

3) The JB4 & Stage1 both offer "valet mode" (e.g. being able to disable the tune by changing to map 0).

4) ESS does not have logging software nor would there be much to log without CANbus.

5) Adding certain features makes sense. For example: Ability to read/delete hidden tuner detection codes. Ability to reduce torque in 1st and 2nd gear to assist with traction. Ability to change maps from the drivers seat. Ability to update firmware at home. Just to list a
few off the top of my head.

Mike
Appreciate 0