View Single Post
      10-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #36
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
Sounds promising! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Ian from Bend Calibration is helping me tune a max effort map on E50 and so far the car loves it. I tried E60 and the pump was showing signs of pressure loss. So we went back to E50 for now. Before meth.

And yes I've head there is a work around that some tuners use to run full E85 by lowering load limits etc. But, the true limit of the fuel system is E60.
True limit is not E60...at the current load your tuner is tuning your car at, it has shown signs of HPFP pressure dipping and is all part of the tuning process at the moment. There are a bunch of things a tuner can do to improve this and also adjust loads appropriately. When you are tuning for maximum power at E50 and you crank it up to E60+ without the tuners request, then you can expect to run into a limit at that level if you haven't already maximized/logged things at that level. With Ecutek, loads can be varied by ethanol content whereas it's not possible on standard flash tunes via BM3/MHD/etc...