SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
The Wifi switch is almost plug and play, not need to solder anything. the switch will pulse/connect 2 wires as do the push button of any door garage opener like the one inside the garage
I know how it works. I've probably watched the same YouTube videos as you have. It worked fine on my old GDO, connecting it directly to the GDO. It will not work on my LiftMaster 8500 by attaching it directly to the GDO or to the control panel. When used to activate the GDO it will cause an error on the GDO and then the GDO needs to be unplugged and plugged in again. A friend that has the same GDO as I do said that the only way he could get it to work was to solder the leads from the switch to the PCB on the control panel. The research that I did last year indicates that this switch won't work with late model LiftMaster/Chamberlain products that use smart control panels. There's also no security with this device when used with a voice control device.

Again, I'm able to use Google voice control as this is already integrated with LiftMaster. LiftMaster has since added the Amazon Key for Garage function because Amazon Alexa has added another level of security for products that open/unlock doors, etc., requiring a PIN to be used when unlocking doors, like my Schlage locks. I've spoken with LiftMaster and I expect that they will offer Alexa voice control soon. So not worth my trouble at this point.

The Chinese eBay switch will work for some people, but not all people, depending on which GDO they have. It also has no security layer when used with a voice control device because it doesn't require a PIN. It also won't work with Amazon Key for Garage for anyone that wants to use that to make sure their Amazon Prime deliveries are safe and secure.

Appreciate 0