x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
The NVH isn't due to the amount of parts, although I do believe the CAE cage is over-engineered. The NVH comes from the fact that the shifter is directly mounted to the chassis metal on metal. I believe those other brands are mounted the same way.
It’s odd. Due to your experience of the CAE shifter making noise, I was apprehensive about the install, but after driving it, the noise isn’t that bad at all. I can hardly hear it and my friends also says it’s not bad at all as well. Maybe you are a bit more hearing sensitive than I am or maybe it’s my years Djing in college, but I think it fine. What I do notice is when the car shuts off or turns on, there is some noise like a slight rattle or transmission noise and this is probably due to it being directly mounted to the chassis. Regardless the slight increase in NVH is sooooo worth it. Thank you for helping me make my decision.

BTW I was so apprehensive about the noise that I stole some carpet underlayment from my carpet guys, I’m remodeling a home right now, and asked my installer to install it in my car. They ended up just throwing it away. Haha.
I'm glad you're loving it. I love it too and I'm leaning heavily towards installing it again; especially now that I have a set of Recaro Sportster GTs waiting to be installed.

The noise isn't loud at all in the grand scheme of things. I mean my RE71Rs were louder than the CAE shifter. My annoyances came late at night while cruising on the freeway. Since I spend a lot of time on the freeway after work, I really wanted my interior space to be comfortable. Believe me, when the car is quiet, you will hear the hum/whirring. It's irritating in a "fly buzzing around you when you're trying to concentrate" kind of way — anyone can ignore it once. But if it happens all the time, it kinda amplifies to the point where you're hyper focused on it and can't think of anything else.

I know, I'm super picky about NVH.
Appreciate 0