View Single Post
      09-08-2019, 06:48 AM   #41
AO08BAS
Private
Rep
Drives: TR G80 Comp

Update

Hey guys, firstly thank you for everyone's kind words and wishes. Much appreciated.

As for updates I don't have much sadly. The police have pretty much spelt out they can't do much at all unless the car is abandoned or involved in some kind of crime they won't be actively looking for it. I've spent the past two days driving the roads I think the car was taken and knocking doors asking if anyone saw anything or if they have cctv I can review but nothing of note has come of that mainly due to the fact the area the car was last showing on the connect app is so remote. In addition to this I have a lot of friends who work in the car world and have been about 7-10 of them asking them to keep an eye out in case someone is trying to sell parts of my car.

Insurance have told me my claim is with their theft team and expect someone to contact me in 2-4 working days. And also that I wouldn't get a courtesy car as well as theft claims taking up to 8 weeks to sort.

As for how the car was taken I have narrowed down it was taken between 2-4am as I was awake until 12am and someone was downstairs in my house until 1am also as I work from home Fridays I was awake at 6:30am and noticed the car was gone at 7am

My assumptions are the key was cloned with the devices mentioned in this article linked here. Handbrake was released and the car was pushed out of my street before being started up. After this it was stopped in a village on a side road where I think the car was most likely placed in a truck of some sort and taken with the battery being disconnected and gps being turned off.

I know it's just a car and I should be happy no one was hurt etc but it's a deeply sad event and I am still in shock someone would take someone's possessions like this.
2012 M3 E92 DCT JB-Sold
2008 M3 E92 Manual AW-Sold
Appreciate 0