12-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #76
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Look, just go research the new ECU's that BMW is putting in this car. This is not some minor change like going to direct injection that people think is going to take years to crack and then someone figures it out in a few months.

It's not a simple evolutionary change like in times past...it's a revolutionary change.

Hopefully my good friends Terry and Shiv can figure it out. I know them well and just hung out with Terry a few weeks ago. He says he's getting the new M3/4. I wished him luck on the ECU crack. He's gonna need it this time.

I don't need to do research. I am not talking about easy or not, I am just not being bleak about the car's future tuning potential.

I have an NA engine that I bolted a supercharger onto which I love. I also have a factory FI engine in the other car.

The S65 with $15k bolt on blower is no where near the category of easy/bang for the buck power that an OEM FI setup like the S55 WILL offer...the time that takes not withstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
I can't speak for the N20m but for the N54 I can tell you that they made 370-375rwhp on average and 380rwhp at the most in some cases. I know because I owned one and new many who did and been around since 2006 to see it. But I do hope that the M3 makes 430rwhp.
I assume you are talking tuned/bolt ons for 380whp for an N54? I just got my best friend dowpipes, intake, and Cobb tune for his and I am guestimating around there. But stock, I think it's more like 285-295whp.

My N20 put down 220whp/260tq stock on a load bearing dyno when the car was rated 240/258, meaning on a Dynojet it would have been closer to 235-240(InsideLine put it on a Dynojet and made the same or more as the ATS which claims 272hp).

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0