View Single Post
      12-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

I definitely agree on this....it's such a lame move it's sad.

It's things like this, along with "M packages" which are little more than stickers, and cars like the M5 /M6 losing a lot of their edge which have me somewhat worried about what the future holds for BMW.

To be honest they need a halo car, and not the i8

Their benchmark car, the car that every car company looks to is the M3/M4, which is basically a souped up entry level family sedan/coupe. (I'm only slightly exaggerating)
I know the new M3/M4 chassis F8x is something like 70% different from their F3x counterparts. But, the fact is, the M3/M4 is still just a top of the line 3/4 series.

And when you compare that to other car brands what do you have, BMW doesn't have a 911 GT3 fighter, they don't have an SLS Black Series, they don't have an R8, no GT-R

Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped for the M4 and the M235 race car is sick...but how could you drop the ball on the M5/M6, cars that carry the "real" M badge aren't doing it justice....yet we have "M packages" for every SUV/SAC out there or limited edition cars, in limited edition colors, in limited edition numbers.....how about focusing on making something besides the M3/M4 that's exciting so you won't have to rely on marketing tactics.

end rant

Last edited by LDSM; 12-15-2013 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0