04-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #62
3er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah D. Cranman
Wow. Thank you SO much for such an incredible review. We really, really appreciate when our customers share their experience -- but you've gone above and beyond.

To address a couple of your points regarding EQ and harshness, we recommend flat EQ settings as a starting point because we often find customers have many bands at +6 or similar which introduces a lot of distortion into the signal. Some adjustment to personal taste is definitely recommended -- but we suggest it's relatively limited to limit distortion.

Regarding the harshness you experienced around the 2Khz band, I strongly suspect it's because you're streaming music via Bluetooth. It's NOTORIOUS for introduction harsh compression artifacts in this frequency range and is probably a major source of the harshness you experienced - especially with lossy files like you're using. Try connecting your phone and seeing if there's a difference. You should also get much better bass response that way.

Lastly, regarding the underseat subwoofers, let me assure you they are coming -- we received prototypes (see attached) last week and they're undergoing testing this week. When will they be available? Well, I'm not giving any dates since we haven't completed our battery of tests, but they are real and they are coming.

For some clarity as to why they've taken so long, it's because we've really designed two versions (each with multiple revisions). The first one we designed required several versions and revisions since we're perfectionists, but the final version was exceptional in terms of performance and we were ecstatic and ready to go to production. That is, until we discovered it violated patents we hadn't found in our original research.

So, we had to go back to the drawing board and redesign the sub entirely. What you're seeing is the result of that redesign effort. Ultimately, it's a better product (based on early results so far, we'll know more this week) -- but it's taken way longer than we wanted. For that, we sincerely apologize.

We appreciate everyone's patience, and we promise we're working our asses off to get this to you.
How kind and thanks for the tips!! I'll try different sources and make an update to the review when I get back from vacation!

Also, that sub looks amazing! Thanks for the update on that as well.