View Single Post
      07-15-2019, 08:53 AM   #10
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
How is the sport plus? Does the car handle tighter than stock? I suppose u can’t recall
Yes - sport plus seems tighter for sure - but very compliant. I mean it's definitely an upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Good video. Just watched it with my kids next to me

One recommendation that I just found out in my own "clicking suspension" thread is that if your strut collar bolt isn't tight enough it will cause clicking sounds when you are turning the wheel at very slow speeds. I believe that bolt is only suppose to be 50lbs ft tq but I don't think its enough. Several others reported the same fix for their cars as well. I replaced my 7K mile strut top hat thinking it was the issue when it was just the collar bolt not being tight enough I guess during my MS spring install.

Alan
I hope this wasn't a horror movie that you picked for your kids

Regarding the clicking - I don't have any but that's good to know. I actually did have clicking with my springs - so hopefully I tightened them enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Great video. I definitely will use it as I am also considering this suspension upgrade - installing it myself should I do it. But I have a related question.... Based on the fact you DD your M3 AND you take your car to the track periodically, did you consider installing camber plates when installing the HAS kit? Why or why not?
Thanks! And honestly I did consider camber plates BEFORE my first track day. After that I realized that my tire wear in the front was perfect, so I did not want to change something that wasn't broken. I get my car aligned "as close to stock as possible" so perhaps that helps. I track the car to have fun - not really to be super competitive. Perhaps guys who drive at the very limit need them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsha View Post
Thank you for this!

My set arrives this week (prior to my car haha) and can't wait to get them installed and put them through their paces.
Awesome! You'll be happy with them. Doing it yourself?
Appreciate 0