View Single Post
      10-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #26
Capt Crunch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfirstbmwinsertcodehere View Post
Can anyone comment on the experience -maintenance wise- for a used M3 that has 4-5+ years?

The E92s, considering how old they are, do they spend a lot of time in the shop? Do some of their electronics stop working frequently with age?

I remember that the 330ci in its 10 year lifespan, cost like 10k with replacing tires, electronics, A/C, lighting etc.
This isn't exactly what you're looking for... but my E46 M3 cost me an absolutely unbelievable amount of money, to the point where I don't think I could bring myself to own another high-milage german car.

IMO, if you have a high-milage german car, I would have $5k ready to use for a car repair at all times. I concede the odds are that you're not going to have to use it, but when I was faced with a $6k repair bill for a car that lost way more than $6k in value because it was broken... it sucked. It sucked especially hard when another $2k bill came in 6 months (I know, rare). It's really frustrating to spend that kind of money just to get back to square one.
Appreciate 0