11-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #55
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
"Thanks" for quoting my post completely out of context...

If you read my entire post you both can see that I emphasize the power to weight ratio when I argue that the M3/M4 should be close. As an afterthought I mention that the Stingray has more torque than the M3/M4 (you might misunderstand that and I see that it could have been excluded from the post, to avoid that confusion. But I just thought that some fact wouldn't be wrong, seeing that we discussed the power and weight of two cars, why not just mention their respective torque figures as well?).

And, didn't you know that we DO know the torque curve of the S55?

In this post we have both the power/torque chart and a statement on the rev range the S55 have peak power and peak torque.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=892746

Peak torque is delivered from "under 2000 RPM to over 5000 RPM" and peak power is delivered "from 5000 RPM to 7300 RPM"
Boss330--fair enough; to be honest, I hadn't even read your post. I just piled onto the--still correct, although with misplaced anger if it was directed at you--good post that ersin had made.

And yes, I know we have the torque curve now for the S55. That makes it even more egregious when people blindly compare peak torque figures between the stingray and the new M3/M4. The information is out there, but we don't use it because quoting peak torque is much easier (and more easily communicable) than looking over curves. Unfortunately, alone it doesn't really mean a significant amount.
Appreciate 0