12-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #295
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
So in fact it won't sound the same as a 335i, as proven by your own reference...

A little hint: When your source says it sounds "most different during..." that means it doesn't sound the same. Sound the same means there can't be any "most different" in there anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Did you even read what you posted?

"..not radically different" still means different, it can only do so much as it is still an I6

"deeper and louder" "most distinctive"
you guys are trying your best i know. the fact is this.

I am a M3 owner, your not. maybe this new engine to you sounds good because of what you drive now.
but to a current M3 owner, and performance car owner in general. usually when it comes time to get another car for what ever reason. you want the next car to performance, look better, and have something under its hood that in your opinion you see as a upgrade. of course within reason and within financial ability.

with that said. i feel the M4 looks great, performance of course is going to be great, but do i view a 3.0L I6 TT is something i see as a upgrade ? i wouldn't call a S65 a "better" engine, but i don't find the new I6 to be appealing.

the fact that people are EVEN comparing the M4 to the 335i in sound the department sums it all up for me. ok its not going to be exactly the same. i do not want. "not dramatically different" than a a lower model in the sound department. it makes the car less appealing.
Appreciate 0