View Single Post
      03-25-2021, 06:12 PM   #130
Gotulukn
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible f83. M235i Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
Speaking purely of straight line performance, the Conti ECS is not able to keep things straight even from a 40-50 mph roll with about 580whp. My car has spun out just by going in a straight line in 3rd gear, and have nearly hugged the wall at Sonoma Raceway about four to five times.

It rained quite a bit in February and most of March in the Bay Area, and I had no traction issues with the S007a in heavy downpour. While true, the tire categories are not the same (Max Performance vs Extreme Performance), the S007a's price point is within the same range as the ECS, and often going for less.

It's hard for me to believe that the ECS is even remotely close to PS4S level, they were more like a tick below PSS, IMO. ECS definitely make for a great commuter tire, however.
I was about to purchase Conti ECS 285/35/19 for my rears. My m4 convertible is tuned and has about 520whp. I hope you're still around but my question is,

Do you think the Michelin PS4 could have done what you wanted? I don't track my car, but would like good straight line traction, and decent wet traction, as I live in Long Island, NY and we get rain more than needed. If anyone can chime in, that the Michelin PS4s are hands down way better than ECS for straight line drag racing then, I will purchase them right now!

sidenote:
(I much prefer their rounder sidewalls of the ECS and Pilot supersports than the PS4's square look)
Appreciate 0