04-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #14
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomedkaz View Post
My concern was the following: I can spend $3k wrapping my car, but will it be worth $3k more when I go to sell it? Most likely no.
And the person buying it from me will understand a used car is not perfect, otherwise they’d be buying new. But they don’t want to buy new so they need to settle for imperfection.
Just my take that’s all.
You won't get the full value, but every car that I have sold with XPEL/PPF on it, I have received better than market value for it. The added advantage of XPEL is that many light scuffs from doors, backpacks or light bumps will do absolutely no damage.

The XPEL also makes it very easy to keep the car clean and looks better than clear coat since light scratches self-heal. All I have to do to keep my car pristine most of the time is run a California Duster over it and wipe it down with a detail spray. I only wash my car when the wheels get dirty.

IMO, it comes down to how long you plan on keeping the car. Two or three years, probably not worth it. Five to six years, I wouldn't go without it; especially here in Colorado.

You also don't have to wrap the whole car. I don't like seams, so I wrapped my whole car. My SUV only has the front bumper, hood and front fenders done.
Appreciate 1