View Single Post
      04-26-2018, 01:46 PM   #15
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
You won't get the full value, but every car that I have sold with XPEL/PPF on it, I have received better than market value for it. The added advantage of XPEL is that many light scuffs from doors, backpacks or light bumps will do absolutely no damage.

The XPEL also makes it very easy to keep the car clean and looks better than clear coat since light scratches self-heal. All I have to do to keep my car pristine most of the time is run a California Duster over it and wipe it down with a detail spray. I only wash my car when the wheels get dirty.

IMO, it comes down to how long you plan on keeping the car. Two or three years, probably not worth it. Five to six years, I wouldn't go without it; especially here in Colorado.

You also don't have to wrap the whole car. I don't like seams, so I wrapped my whole car. My SUV only has the front bumper, hood and front fenders done.
very valid points

for me, I also think back at all the cars my parents used to own etc...they NEVER installed any paint protection and rock chips were never even brought up....I think we're more sensitive to this rock-chip fad because clear wrapping became so popular.

Nothing against clear wrapping - it's for some, but not for all. For me I just can't justify spending that much $ on it
Appreciate 0