Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
That's too bad on your opinion of Cadillac styling. You could be having E63 / RS6 type of performance right now in your driveway with 6MT to boot, for the same money as E350 wagon.

I really wanted to do euro delivery, so I went the F80 route, but those CTS-V 6MT wagons were super compelling back in 2014-2015

My wife has an F31 wagon right now. Definitely a nice road trip car. Too bad on the towing capacity though. That's likely to tip me into the large SUV or van market in the future (e.g. 4x4 sprinter van)
Yeah...its a long standing problem of mine with Cadillac. I've always loathed the Escalade and I think they just brought that whole look through the whole line.

Plus...I'll admit to some issues with the Cadillac brand. Every time I see one (even CTS-V or ATS-V), I assume the driver is silver haired - have yet to be disappointed on that. I'll admit to enough vanity that I don't want people to assume that about me when they see my car.

I often wonder if GM should just start a brand new brand to try to really compete on the performance side - ditch caddy (or remove this whole line from that brand) altogether. Charge a bit more (as, ironically, when people pay less they assume it isn't as good).

F31s look nice. We don't tow anything, so that isn't an issue but as the wagon is our 'full size', that size is a bit small for us (2 kids + dog with a ton of trips to the mountains each year with skis or golf clubs or hiking stuff or whatever).

If you like the size of the F31, AMG has done the C-43 wagon here now....which maybe gives you something else that is mildly sportier.

OR if you want a larger size but don't want to pay E63 dollars, there is an E53

(though, frankly, i'm not sure the performance is that different on those two from the C400 or E400....but that leads to a WHOLE OTHER rant about how AMG is cheapening its brand by offering these 'in betweener' cars like the C43 and E43 - even worse than BMW with all the "M240i" etcs....but I really digress now)

Buddy of mine and his partner (who worked with me at the time) have 4 kids between them (from multiple past marriages - very much a brady bunch) and I tried to convince them to get and modify a sprinter a few years ago (as I seriously think that could be cool). She would barely speak to me for a month after I suggested it instead, she just got some monstrously big infinit or something