View Single Post
      12-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #82
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
I think people forget that the 5.0L mustangs IS a fast car though. it came out in 2011 where the M3 came out in 2007-2008.

Even if the 5.0L mustang can keep up with a M3. the mustang fails hard in the luxury, style, and overall feel of the car. trust me i have driven many 5.0L mustangs. i would never want one. one of my very good friends owns one. after driving my M3, he said he will never buy a mustang again. so there IS more to this than you think.

stop just looking at what the cars do on paper. go drive them.

plus when they did the M3 VS 5.0L testing they did both cars with a 6 speed tranny. i bet a DCT is would be clearly faster than a 5.0L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
ya they are going to offer much more performance for the money. I know this is going to sound snobby. but i just cant stand how many mustangs are on the road. and they are way to affordable of a car for my taste. ya the GT500 is a different story. way to many base mustangs overpopulate the roads. driven by people who don't give a dam about cars. at least 3 series having a 35k base price.

BMW M, AMG, Audi RS, Porsche, CTS V etc offer much more class, luxury, and overall quality feel to the cars. while still getting great performance. personally i am more into that.

although if you track a lot i can see why the mustang would be more appealing.
Luxury and sports car is a oxymoron that is becoming way too common and equates to grand tourer. The Boss 302 is a true sports car with 444 hp NA V8 and 7500 redline that can be had for 45k. Must be a relief to know you can get a 4 banger 3 series for not much less.