View Single Post
      07-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #268
ENVē
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 911 Turbo AWE 700R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangquadcam View Post
Well now........terrible C/D review, I'll agree.

They do have a couple of good points.

--The tire noise is RIDICULOUSLY high. None of my Mustangs or other sports cars were quite this bad, no matter what super wide low profile tires I put on them. Kind of crazy.

--I still don't like the steering one bit. All 6 of my prior BMWs had fabulous, wonderful, responsive and intuitive hydraulic steering. I am still baffled as to why BMW would change that for Ms just to save a 1/4 mile per gallon on gas mileage. The feel is completely gone.

--I have a 2016, so the exhaust sounds much better than 2015, but it still does sound DREADFUL on startup. Just DREADFUL.

Other than that, I love my M3! It's a great car for the money, stinking fast, solid, safe, has a GREAT 6MT, and looks awesome. Definitely the fastest and most solid car I've ever owned.

I have been a subscriber to Car and Driver for 20 years, and I have to say, this review is simply THE WORST and the MOST NEGATIVE article I've ever read. Sounds like the author woke up on the wrong side of the bed, got a case of shingles, and had his dog die the day he wrote it. For them to even consider the $8,000 carbon fiber brakes in making their evaluation was absurd. If they didn't want to track the car, why in heaven's name did they add it to their order sheet. That's THEIR fault, not BMW's. Kudos to BMW for providing that option to those who actually want it.

Shame on Car and Driver.
Two bolded items are the reasons I am likely not going to pull trigger on a new M and may end up going GT350 route (first american car).