02-24-2024, 08:39 AM   #18
Alpine-F80
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92toF80M3 View Post
Quick Update: Finally took my '17 M3 to the dealer, they found R.E.M. (Rear Electronic Module, Part# 61-35-9-499-001) has failed.
$1500 later my trunk is working again.
Ugh, same boat here. Also ‘17 M3. Just spent a few hours last night fighting my way into the trunk by removing rear driver’s side-bolster, unbolting bottom of seat back enough to wedge a hook into trunk to pull emergency release. Fortunately it’s bright white so easy to spot with limited visibility. Was extra hard for me though bc I have an air tank right behind fold down seats…

In my case the trunk opening was not working occasionally for last couple months, but figured low battery voltage was the culprit bc it always worked eventually. Now it’s just dead, going to see if I can read it with BimmerCode.

Ordered a REM from ‘16 F30, (same part #) on eBay for $40. Will see if that fixes the trunk when swapping. If so I’ll need to code it to have rear windows & camera work, and remove trunk dash light. If it doesn’t fix it I guess the latch could be the issue…but based on the amount of REM failures I’m seeing I’ll bet it’s that.

Last edited by Alpine-F80; 02-24-2024 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0