View Single Post
      12-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #255
Uberm3
Rep
Drives: Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
ya like i said its not the same engine. to some people it FEELS to similar. that is 100% opinion based. sharing the same block for some people could be to much. does that mean they are wrong ? no.

you also gotta understand. styling, performance, interior, tech, AND bespoke engines. M use to make. so you got people here why like that kind of stuff. BMW M were making the same type of engines. then all of a sudden they dramatically changed there engine line up across the board. even non M cars did the same thing. its hard for me to believe they use to put a V10 in a road car.

i use to own a 2010 328i before getting my M3. i actually to this day miss that car. even loved the engine (believe it or not). The engine sounded good, and was smooth.

i have driven a few F30 328s. must say i was very disappointed. the car has totally loss all steering feel and 4 banger turbo is awful. even with a M sport package wasn't enough.

its almost like when BMW lost the "E" and went to F series they also left a bit of there soul behind.
Well, at least a few people understand my perspective. Why do I love my E30 M3? Its a focused tool (albeit slow by today's standards) - call me old school. The ///M3 started as a car no one wanted and became a mass market car. Why? The addressable market for people wanting fewer compromises is larger than people like me bringing more volume and with it profitability. The reduced cost of not having to develop a new engine from an entirely blank sheet, is significant. Let's not kid ourselves. This is a numbers game.

To re-emphasize again (and again and again and again)....I never said the motor was the same - someone put words in my mouth. I said it was warmed over. I stand by that statement. It is. I can understand why this pisses people off about to spend $70-80K on this car (like calling someones baby ugly). It shouldn't. It's MY opinion. When the time comes, you speak with your wallet and I'll speak with mine. Until then, we can be free to share our opinions.

Last edited by Uberm3; 12-31-2013 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0