View Single Post
      03-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #69
Below Speed Limit
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
You probably need a reality check. The M3/4 and M5/6 are not targeted at the same crowd, and it is not only a question of money or age demographic. The M3/4 are sporty compact sedans and coupes that are very decent track machines while the the M5/6 are luxo bahn stormers. I do have the money to pay MSRP for an M5, but I'd much rather have an M3. It suits my needs better. For me, the M5 is not an upgrade, it is just a different car. Further, the M5/M6 are not selling. Here in Canada, you can get a brand new M5 for the same price as an F8X M3 because the dealers cannot get them moving off the lots fast enough. IMO, the M3/M4 are more important to the image of BMW than the M5/6, BMW was quoted in this forum saying that couldn't afford to screw up the M3/4.

I stand by my point that the EPS was not yet at the level BMW wanted for the M5/6, but BMW now feel that EPS is technologically ready for an ///M car.

Will it be as good as an HPS? I don't know. I'll have to wait till I drive the car before I can comment.
You are only telling the half of the story. You can get an M5 for the same (or in fact less) price as an M3, that's right, but that's because a) you can get an M5 at invoice pricing (which is what anyone who bought an E9X M3 on or after 2010 did including myself, so I disagree that it's an indication of cars not selling well), and b) more importantly, M3 is at sticker, 3% less residual, has no cash incentive, so ahem, you guys are getting ripped off a little bit
Appreciate 0