View Single Post
      07-02-2018, 09:30 AM   #54
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

I just did pads on my '15 CCB car also as a preventative measure to minimize wear on the rotors.

I see you mention that you're still in warranty/maintenance - were your CCB pads covered by that? Mine were not. My mileage is about half of yours but track days about the same. I noticed after 5 days my pads still looked new. Then after a 2 day weekend the fronts looked like they lost half of their thickness - did the swap asap after that weekend.

My tech agreed after getting the pads off of the car - said rears were in good shape still but fronts were at or a little less than 50% left.

Had alignment done also, car now feels so much better. Alignment was definitely off, particularly rear toe (Thanks kerbing!).

If the kit is determined to be PnP, I'll pick up the steel rotors sometime before next year events start up and put my 24k mile CCB rotors in boxes for the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
Wil the MY19 F82 M4 have the M2 competition brakes available as an option to order from the factory, or more than likely just a retrofit kit like the CCBs?

Currently have 15 f82 with CCBs and need to replace pads as they are at 50% wear. Rotors were just weighed and have 190grams (front) and 40g (rear) - so based on weight seem almost new. I've put on 40k miles and 8x track days but mostly in C group (just moved up to B).

Debating on what to do with '15 - keep and look at doing the m2 competition brake swap so I can go to track without worry of CCBs quickly going - or sell and look for a my18/19. Would be sweet if my19 offered the m2 comp brakes. Regardless going with std brakes and racing pads a better option for 2-4 HPDE weekends a year.

Still have 4mos left of original warranty/maint.

Hard to give up tz blue m4 for one of the base colors

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0