11-24-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
Sydd
Misses His 335iS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

437M Winter Tires / General Questions

Hi all,

I apologize if this is a subject that's been discussed before, but I've been having a heck of a time trying to find the right tires for my '15 M3 sedan with the 437M stock 19 inch wheels.

I don't plan on keeping the car for more than a few years, so I'd rather swap the stock 255/275 PSS tires in the winter for winter tires.

My questions are these:

- Does the winter tire for the rear wheels have to match the load rating that the PSS has? I believe the PSS are 275/35/19 100Y XL and I'm having trouble finding 275/35/19 100 XL winter tires.
- Can you (without causing DSC problems or otherwise) mount 255/35/19 winter tires on the 437M rear wheels? Tire Rack's website is recommending a square setup but both the dealership and my local trusted installer said they wouldn't fit 255 tires on the car if the OEM size is 275.
- Lastly, I can much more easily get a set of Continental DWS06 tires that match exactly the OEM sizes front and rear. I've heard these are the best performing (but still not a true winter) all-season tire for light snow duty. If I live in a city like Pittsburgh that doesn't get many major snow storms and the roads are typically salted, would the DWS06 be sufficient?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0