02-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #52
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
Deal was Black Friday. Obviously the Black Friday rebate the dealer discussed, as well as loyalty cash he should have been due (I'm not sure if there was loyalty cash at the time, but he had purchased his previous 335 from the same dealer ~4 years ago) don't appear to figure into his lease deal at all - pocketed by the dealer I'm assuming.

I don't know his credit score, but based on what I know of his financial situation, it's inconceivable to me that he'd be under 850. He paid for his 335 in cash, but decided to try leasing to get a new car more frequently. This experience may have soured him, although at least my getting a good deal allowed him to renegotiate 3 weeks after signing his leasing agreement and bring his payments down to $1200 a month.

The dealership may have made a hell of a profit off of this transaction, but they also essentially blackballed themselves from a good number of people in our friend and professional networks.

He spent a good 30 minutes on the phone with a tier 2 case manager at BMWNA who was not pleased with the story.
That deal is highway robbery
I feel for your friend. BMWNA should do everything they can to penalize that dealer. Those are the type of greedy deals that cause BMW to lose customers, not just that dealer.

Glad you and your friend now know the truth and you were able to avoid that type of piece of trash deal.
Appreciate 0