View Single Post
      12-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #12
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
eBay is not the problem. Buying what appears to be incompatible sensors is your problem (or the vendor sent you the wrong ones). Several people, including myself, have successfully purchased compatible (and inexpensive) TPMS sensors off eBay. In fact, I did my research here on the forums before I made my TPMS purchase for a set of track wheels.

Just make sure you identify the right model TPMS sensor for the F80 (as BMW does have a few different variants for late model BMWs) and then find a vendor that has them for the price you want to pay. Huf is the OEM for TPMS sensors for several car manufactures, including BMW, so make sure you look for the right brand as well (as opposed to a generic brand).

For reference, here are the ones I purchased from eBay for $140 earlier this year:

TPMS Tire Sensors With Black Valve Stems Huf RDE027
The sensors were the correct type. I bought them Jan 2019 and used them for that winter plus last winter. I've only driven 2k miles on these wheels but they worked up until this season. I used BimmerLink to read the errors and all four wheels are registering tpms errors so I guess all the batteries are dead.

The seller I bought them from was based in China and is no longer an eBay seller even though they had hundreds of thousands of positive feedback.
Appreciate 0