View Single Post
      10-19-2021, 01:41 PM   #27
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_83 View Post
Wait so is this true? 2014-2015 F80's and F82's have a more aggresive torque curve from the factory ?

Could this be re-enabled through any of the various tunes out there? Pretty sure it is, but just double checking (for a friend )

Cheers,
Merlin
Yes. Every variant of this car has a different torque curve. It's part of what you're buying into if you get a: Standard, Comp, CS, GTS etc.

The early cars did have a more aggressive torque curve. It's as if BMW heard all the apocalyptic bitching about losing the V8 and said, "hold my beer...".

But even with that torque-injected-machismo, not only did the car journalists still cry about losing the V8, they bitched and moaned about the car having SOOO much torque that it was costing them tires and diapers. Still, others were losing control of their cars and blaming tire pressures -- but the journos knew it was because of the torque curve.

Subsequent years saw the torque curve softened a bit to make it more drivable.... which IMO, was a good thing. Honestly.

I got one of the first MY 2016s in the country. I thought the torque was pretty crazy at first too, but I got used to it. Then I got a BM3 tune and tapered off 1st and 2nd gear. It's so much more enjoyable to drive.
Appreciate 0