View Single Post
      06-13-2021, 11:59 AM   #1393
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
That's awesome. Last time I did one think it was only a dozen laps or so.

Agreed, great way to safely develop car control and limit expense as well. In my experience, the dedicated autocross guys who cross over to track days are usually quick, find time in technical track areas.

Perfect way to get started in the hobby. it's how I'll start my son in a couple of years for sure.
Yeah it was a great time - went with my buddy and his track prepped E90 M3 that he tracks often. He had a blast as well and we cat/moused all day to get lots of runs in. It was 2 alternating groups from 9-12 then fully open from 12-5. Did a ton of runs in his E90 (and him in my F82) which was the first time I’ve driven E9X in a performance setting - wow I love that car, I get why people love that engine (very easy to control). I was actually very surprised how similar both generations feel, you can very easily tell they are from the same family (aside from power delivery and iterative changes of course). Course was also a great setup (pic attached) in a dedicated drift pit so literally 0 chance of hitting anything unless you purposefully wanted to full send into a wall.
Attached Images

FormulaMMM3662.50