View Single Post
      11-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #5
devildog5811
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 BSM/Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
For those in the DC area, I am very close to working with BMW Alexandria on a deal for a lease on a F80. Rolling out of my current lease in the spring of next year. Was looking at either a M2 or M3 depending on DD needs. Car will be auto-Xed and tracked too.

Was by Pickett Street and decided to randomly roll into BMW Alexandria. Had a great test drive session and was given the run of the cars which they had. Took out an auto M235i for size comparison and test drove a F80 in stick. CA was an enthusiast and it was great to chat up cars. Wasn't pressuring and knew I was in no rush but want to lock something in if I can get a deal that doesn't financially waterboard me. Gave him my final word over e-mail yesterday and he was very prompt in all responses with good information. Haven't had that experience before (very difficult for me to be on the phone during the day).

That said, I am using the USAA buyer's program for the price, and BMW Sterling has the lowest USAA car program price (retail of 68,5XX with a discount to 63340). Hoping that Alexandria can meet and/or exceed as I did not like the interactions I had so far with Sterling's CA who I am "working" with. Somewhat pushy, uninformed (corrected me multiple times instating that BMW only makes a M235i), and wanted me to call her "when I had something". Understand needing to make a decision but let me make the f-ing decision.

Obviously, the DC area is pretty competitive, but I wanted to know if anyone had any similar experiences of getting one dealership to honor another's price through a buyer's program? Also would prefer Alexandria as I live in DC and it's much closer for service and what not.

I have heard of the nightmares (on this forum and through service experiences) at Rockville, Sterling, and Passport (had a slimy experience at another PP dealership back in the day). Northwest had good plug but it is a ways away and I would prefer to buy where I will have the car serviced now that I will be here for the foreseeable future.

Any inputs, suggests or comments welcome.

Can't wait to join the F80 crowd. Build will be SSII, Carboncloth, 18s, M Suspension, DCT, with dealer installs on the alcantara DCT steering wheel and diffuser.
Go see Paul Blakeman at BMW Alexandria. Good guy wont jerk you around
Appreciate 0