View Single Post
      10-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #205
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Again, see E90 M3 CRT vs E93 M3 GTS. They weren't presented or announced at the same time and have the exact same weird thing with the model codes. And sure they are not exactly the carbon copy of each other, but GTS has even more modifications done to it and it didn't get a unique model code.
But that’s sort of my point - they weren’t announced together because they aren’t the same thing. Not sure I would agree the GTS was more of a departure given the completely unique interior of the CRT. They both have significant differences from the standard model but in different ways. In any case, I suspect there is still something we have yet to uncover about this M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Looking at his and BMW M3 CRT older posts, I doubt they are pulling the information out of their asses. They talked about this model before those photos were posted. I was very skeptical when they said they saw the M3 CS badge since pre-production cars do not run around with the badges. However, after seeing the builtsheets I have no doubt about their claims.
Right, but if you dig back far enough, you will see some things that didn’t come to pass. Think about V6 engines, for example.
Appreciate 0