View Single Post
      11-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #12
IDBGOD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

I typically stay away from high mileage cars, especially an //M car but to each their own.

As previously stated, Extensive service records would need to be provided, the vehicle would need to clear an independent mechanic inspection, etc.

It all comes down to how the car was maintained. If there are no records to indicate how it was maintained it would be a red flag for me. One owner helps, as does the clean carfax but again...just depends. 6 service records seems a little light on the car. At minimum you should be changing oil every 10k miles (I actually did every 5k on mine after the initial break in and 10k service). 100k mileage car would be 10 service oil changes minimum. Check with your dealer as they would have more accurate service records than carfax if it was indeed serviced there.

Recent reliability has certainly improved on newer BMW's and the S55 has been a pretty solid platform on the F8x. I wouldn't worry too much about anything major other than replacing basic routine maintenance items if everything checks out but again a high mileage car will always be more prone to the risk of expensive repairs. It's a machine and things can happen.

Nothing is cheap really on an //M.

You also might want to consider waiting just a little longer. M3/4's are only going to keep depreciating and we are nearing the end of the current cycle. You may be able to pick up one with lower miles at a better price in the near future.

Last edited by IDBGOD; 11-21-2017 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0