View Single Post
      06-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #1
BoostinLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Unhappy Coilover ping,pop, and stuck steering wheel!?

Hey guys. Recently purchased some TC Kline coilovers (single adjustable front version) with camber plates and had them install 2 days ago. First day I got the car after the long wait, the shop said to hold off on the alignment to allow the suspension to "settle" which I never heard of and was told to wait two days. I came back the next day because the right coil felt like it was literally coming loose and popped,banged and pinged with every turn I made.. Mechanic said the top bolt needed to be torqued down and put loctite on it for good measure. Car felt a bit better not as much chatter.

Today I came in for the alignment, the mechanic used his own specs, despite the alignment sheet coming with the suspension. He backs the car out of the shop, it creeks and pings, mechanic and other employees state it just needs to break in the camber plate bearing as it may be too stiff new. So I drive off thinking it's "normal," do a U turn, it pops/pings, and now the wheel is out of alignment pulling only to the left. I pull over and rotate the wheel full right then center and it's fixed??? I'm so exhausted at this point I go home, not sure what to do, they don't know what to do I'm sure, so I will visit another shop tomorrow. in the mean time, hoping I can get some feed back on the situation.

One thing I noticed, is the rubber bushing from the oem setup wasn't reused. Not sure if it is need or if their is supposed to be a substitute and can that be the reason for all the noise and wheel getting stuck?

Thank you
Appreciate 0