View Single Post
      06-09-2021, 10:47 PM   #5
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarlcase View Post
Hey guys. Recently purchased some TC Kline coilovers (single adjustable front version) with camber plates and had them install 2 days ago. First day I got the car after the long wait, the shop said to hold off on the alignment to allow the suspension to "settle" which I never heard of and was told to wait two days. I came back the next day because the right coil felt like it was literally coming loose and popped,banged and pinged with every turn I made.. Mechanic said the top bolt needed to be torqued down and put loctite on it for good measure. Car felt a bit better not as much chatter.

Today I came in for the alignment, the mechanic used his own specs, despite the alignment sheet coming with the suspension. He backs the car out of the shop, it creeks and pings, mechanic and other employees state it just needs to break in the camber plate bearing as it may be too stiff new. So I drive off thinking it's "normal," do a U turn, it pops/pings, and now the wheel is out of alignment pulling only to the left. I pull over and rotate the wheel full right then center and it's fixed??? I'm so exhausted at this point I go home, not sure what to do, they don't know what to do I'm sure, so I will visit another shop tomorrow. in the mean time, hoping I can get some feed back on the situation.

One thing I noticed, is the rubber bushing from the oem setup wasn't reused. Not sure if it is need or if their is supposed to be a substitute and can that be the reason for all the noise and wheel getting stuck?

Thank you
I don't think anyone can help with confidence without visual notes on your set up. There are too many variables from parts,installation-error, and your description. For example, you said you don't think they transferred the rubber bushing to the TC Klines. What rubber bushing? There are no rubber bushings that need to be removed or replaced when installing coilovers.

But I do agree with others. Go to a shop that knows how to work on aftermarket parts for BMWs. Coilovers are not difficult to install on this car. It's literally all straight forward mechanical removal of nuts and bolts and an extra jack to remove/replace rear springs.
Appreciate 0