12-22-2020, 01:33 AM   #311
Green-Eggs
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
this is a completely invalid run. you are going down a steep hil thats why the dragy is saying invalid. Vbox measure slope differently from draggy so you can't use the percentage of slope that same between them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
I did not change any rules or try to change them I reply to the person post saying they have never gotten a valid run on their draggy. I stated the reason is the over -1% decline of their run. You can see it's says invalid in the top right hand corner or did you miss that? I gave him the explanation. It had nothing to do with the list but the fact someone said none of there runs in draggy were valid and I explained why. .
This is where I and other people saw your first comments (comment at the top of the post). I cannot find where you were answering anybody's question. To me, it looks like you simply told a guy his runs were invalid, then came up with this crazy comment that Draggy can't perform basic middle-school math and slope calculations.

Quote:
If your 60-130 times while having the same ait on flat road change that much you either suck at driving or have the wolds crappiest tires. Unless you did something that would make no sense like repeating hit the car run right after run with no cool down time at which cause it pulling damn timing. I generally log my car with my draggy as well and go back and compare the change down to timing changes at rpm and gear. So much so to know that a s65 looses its ability to hit peak timing after 85 degree ait.
In my case, the car was new, maybe 30-days old. The road quality was poor and pavement was inconsistent (hint, that affects times more than "heat soak"). In fact, it's the exact same road where we tested the effects of heat soak on a non-intercooled and supercharged E92-M3/S65; we posted 10 or 12 runs that showed that the fastest run was the last and most heat-soaked run. If you've been around on m3post long enough, you might have read that article. That's real-world testing about heat soak on the S65.

Quote:
My 300zx with a 2jz a 6spd manual car I ran multiple times last night 4.91 4.88 4.95 4.96 all .4 to .8 inclined In 47 degree weather on 305/35 r888r.
Those are some amazing times!

Quote:
Their are multiple calculators that show corrected times when you remove slope. -3 slope Is huge difference in time. Gravity doesn't suddenly change and physics don't lie.
The calculations I gave you were based on the actual data, not a theoretical calculator that didn't have any data to base its calculations. The differences I gave you were based on the physics of the situation as taken 10 samples per second.

Speaking of car physics, if you did a vBox, you could use this WHP calculator, brought to you by the same guy who gave you the difference in slope calculations based on real data.

http://www.vboxdyno.com
http://www.vboxdyno.com/vBoxFiles/ID...060-130MPH.jpg

Last edited by Green-Eggs; 12-22-2020 at 01:44 AM..
Appreciate 0