View Single Post
      12-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #21
Falcigs
Private
Rep
Drives: Mint Green G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I’ve got the xph cf side skirts on my M3 after removing a set of iND modified M4 factory black side skirts.

- Yes they are a tad shorter but after you install them, you really won’t notice

- you will need to drill into the xph ones. There are no holes to use. Make your own about 4-6” apart with VHB tape

- I also pinged Mike in a panic because these do not fit like the OEM modified sets because there is no cutout. I at first thought they were not going to fit but in reality, they will not sit in the same location as the OEM units. These will stick out further, assuming you used the same end points as reference.

- due to point above, you will need to be cognizant of where you place this in relationship to your plastic jack points. Not too close where it butts up against, but slightly offset.

- I use a QuickJack system and I just need to make sure the jack pad doesn’t hit the skirt.

I like the more aggressive look with how far they stick out. I always thought the OEM was too far in. You’re not going to find a factory CF skirt for F8X and I thought these were a bargain considering how much the other units sell for.

I had the same issue.
Appreciate 0