View Single Post
      03-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #22
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
The Z28 comes with a 305 square setup with R-comp semi slicks . (The GTR has 255/285 extreme summers). From the factory or not it's a dedicated track car with both tires / suspension / camber set up to be unusable/ unsafe on the street . ( kudos to Chevy offering a turn key track car though , while the GTR "track edition " is a pure marketing package with no performance enhancements ) . To put the tires and camber into perspective , if an E92 M3 with a square 285 semi slick and track camber setup was in this test , it would have won .... By a lot. The Camaro chassis still sucks ass , pure marketing BS and a lot of people are failing for it bc they don't understand , tire size and compound are the two most important mods for track times . The Z28 despite having the old Z06 motor only traps 117 bc it's still a fat pig even stripped out . On equal tires the new M4 will rape it , 500 pound weight advantage is huge . Oh and the new M4 will be faster in a straight line bone stock with the DCT .

this is way way way off. the Camaro ran a 7:37 on the ring. The m3 ran like an 8:05. There is no freaking chance you will pick up over 30 seconds from tires alone.

The Camaro is not quicker than these two cars on equal tires but its way quicker than an e92 m3. The m3 would get destroyed by any of these cars regardless of what tires its on.

I also think the new m3 will have one hell of a time beating this car on track, even with R-comps.

I still think its a silly platform to mod to this extent, but it is a fast car. It also has incredible shock technology that I wish BMW had. The magnetic dampers that GM has are the real deal