12-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #150
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
You are a minority here. Probably the only guy who sold an M3 and moved back to a 335 (here being here in this particular forum, not here in bimmerpost).

MAJORITY of the current M3 owners did not (and does not) like the direction BMW took with the ///M divison. MAJORITY of the NON-M3 owners (you not owning an M3 right now also supports this claim as you didn't like the direction they took with the current engine) DISLIKE the V8 hence they like the new car. You could put up a poll in the main page and you will see this is the truth.

My point was, if you have no intentions to buy an M3, your opinion is irrelevant. You are not in that group of people because you do want to buy an M3.
I hate to continue to harp on you, but you're STILL assuming. I'm not the only guy here who has sold an ///M car and I'm not the only guy who, after selling their ///M car, moved to 'lesser' car. This is my first 335i, so I didn't 'move back' to anything. After getting rid of my last ///M for the X5 (..which I purchased because I needed a larger car to tow my race bike, but ultimately received an offer to sell it, so I did), I decided to lease a 335i because....
  • I didn't want a 5 or 7 Series.
  • I didn't want to buy another E9X ///M3 when the new car was less than a year away, and I had already owned an E90 ///M3 sedan and two E92 ///M3 coupes.
  • I didn't want to change brands; I did that before - I traded my '03 M3 for an '04 G35 and regretted it - and I'll never do that again.

I didn't get rid of my car(s) because I didn't like BMW's direction. In my 12-ish years of BMW ownership, I've never had a problem with the direction BMW has taken (..the overuse of the ///M badge aside). I traded/sold my cars simply out of boredom and an admittedly fickle behavior towards cars; I'm on my 10th BMW in 12 years, and half were ///M3's. People like the new car because it's angular, muscular, provides more performance than the outgoing car and is something new. An enthusiast doesn't have to dislike the previous car to praise the new car.

The MAJORITY of the people who will buy an ///M car are not on this forum; the forum community, while large, is very small. Stop trying to speak for everybody. The people who truly dislike the V8 are a small, but vocal bunch, and that's their prerogative.
Appreciate 0