06-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #1274
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
You’re correct about the wind noise and I’d add tire noise to that too. Seat are definitely better in the f80. I miss the cloth seats in my f80, especially the bolsters and headrest...I can’t say I share your observations about it being “too soft”...
Interesting - I don't have any significant wind noise until the wind passing over the car is >90 mph, meaning very rarely. That said, road noise on rough/textured pavement is my single biggest dislike about my car. On asphalt it's super-quiet, but on concrete or aggregate, notsomuch.

Seats are such a personal thing - it's all but impossible to predict whether someone will find a specific seat comfortable or not. The Model 3's seats are more comfortable to me than the (much prettier, quilted leather, even with adjustable thigh support) seats in my former Audi S6.

I guess compared to a previous-generation M3 the suspension might feel soft, but the flip side is that the ride quality is far better. Tradeoffs. Seems to strike a good compromise for a street car, IMHO.
Appreciate 0