04-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #545
Real Dodger 2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Exactly - and this is why Sinclair is a free press issue ... because it's the FCC who controls such things, and the White House controls the FCC.

More broadly, journalism as a profession has always been based on free thinking: even Fox News has Shep. It was seen as shameful to break that unwritten rule ... but now we're lead by people with no shame.

No leader has risked our Constitutional Democracy more than Trump, and I say that without fear of hyperbole.

As an example, when Gen Ralph Peters quits Fox News, we have HUGE problems:
Retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and longtime Fox News analyst Ralph Peters recently severed ties with the network, which he accused on Tuesday of "wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

Peters was highly critical of President Barack Obama's administration, was suspended from Fox for a short period in 2015 for calling Obama a "total pussy" while on the Fox Business Network.

In a lengthy email to his colleagues first obtained by BuzzFeed, the foreign-policy hawk argued that the cable news network had been transformed from a "legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices" into a "propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration."

"Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform," Peters wrote. "Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

Peters, a former Russia analyst, warned that the network's hosts are advancing Russian President Vladimir Putin's agenda "by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign."
I don't think he went far enough. We are in a new "cold war" with russia, and to a lesser extant, China. I think as much as people want to call it something new, like "unconventional" or "hybrid", or whatever, its still war. They are trying to attack our nation to make it weaker. And Trump is doing NOTHING! And Obama didn't do much more than that. I'll bet Teddy Roosevelt or Truman or some of the other better presidents would have handled this very differently. Though the tactics are the different, our response should be the same.

Last edited by Real Dodger 2.0; 04-03-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
minn1914063.00