View Single Post
      02-27-2019, 10:22 AM   #74
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
As someone in their 40's, a system with aftermarket levels of bass is not only unappealing but silly. There was a time in my life where earth shaking bass attracted the type of attention that the young adult in me craved so desperately. Only in hindsight do I realize that the eye rolls were not actually signs of approval, envy, nor admiration. It goes to show who the target demographic is. I do appreciate, however, the irony that the 20 and 30 year olds are going down the same path of hearing loss and tinnitus as I am! I'll see you all in hell kids, till then get off my lawn!
I get that. But I run subs in my car now not to impress anyone but because I like good clean bass. I keep windows rolled up, though I'm sure people around me are rolling their eyes. I put this in the same category as loud exhausts. Sounds bad ass to me, but probably annoys some people. With that said, I've had so many people approve and give me thumbs up for my loud exhaust.

On the one hand, I get it that it seems juvenile. On the other hand, part of maturing is, of course, being comfortable enough in your own skin to not give a fvck about what others think.
Appreciate 0